1. First check your printer settings when trying to print. On the left hand side of the print menu there is a section that says “Print to File”, this needs to be unchecked.
2. Check to make sure that you have the correct printer selected before attempting to print, once the print menu comes up.
3. Restart your computer and then print a PDF file. If the file prints correctly, your system may have been out of memory or resources.
4. If the PDF was slow to download, it will probably be slow to print. You might be able to check the printer status on your computer and make sure that the file is being sent to the printer.
5. Try setting the print quality at normal or economy rather than best quality or reduce dpi to 150 rather than 300 dpi. These settings are selected in the printer setup or printer options.
6. Try closing all other programs on your computer and opening the PDF file directly in Adobe Acrobat and not in your web browser.